Mealhero is a fast frowing B2C foodtech scale up, that helps our customers to enjoy a tasty, healthy meal with zero effort. We provide them a healthy foodbox with freshly frozen ingredients (no more shopping), a smart steamer that can recognize ingredients and perfectly prepare them (no more cooking) and a smartphone application to help throughout the entire meal process.
What started as a wild idea in Hungary, resulted in a successful kickstarter and grew into a revolutionary company with +3000 customers in Belgium and the Netherlands. We are always on the hunt to further accelerate our growth and aim for triple digit growth every year. We like to think big and we radically want to transform the way people eat at home. Doing so empowers our entire food platform, grows our customer base and gets us one step closer to our ultimate goal: A Personal Chef in every home.
About the role
To keep being revolutionary, we are looking for an experienced and skilled back-end developer to join our engineering team. You will help shape the future of Mealhero by improving our application on a daily basis, helping us scale to the next level. In this role, you will:
- Develop backend services using cutting edge technologies.
- Transform business requirements into relational database structures and GraphQL schemes.
- Manage and improve external SAAS integrations.
- Craft readable, performant and scalable SQL queries.
- Build, maintain and continue to simplify the infrastructure and services that support all components of the system and customer facing products.
- Design, deploy and implement internal tools to multiply the developer team.
- You like pairing with other developers and provide constructive feedback while reviewing code.
- Execute end-to-end ownership and accountability over the projects that you work on.
- Work individually, but communicate and team up regularly.
- Be proactive, continuously learning and not afraid to ask critical questions.
Our ideal Hero
- A degree in Informatics, Computer sience or similar by experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing backend applications.
- Experience using the continuous integration and delivery paradigm (e.g. Git).
- Good understanding of database design concepts.
- Software craftmanship: you are proud on writing clean and concise code.
- The ability to share knowledge and coach team members.
- The desire to grow yourself, your team, the mealhero product and the company.
- Nice to have: experience with NodeJS, GraphQL, PostGreSQL.
What’s in it for you?
- We are strongly committed to provide an environment where you can thrive, have fun and focus on daily impact and growth.
- You will become one of the key members of a fast growing company within a very exciting position with lots of responsibility.
- You will receive a competitive salary adjusted to your experience level, with excellent benefits (Company car, meal vouchers, net allowance, L&D opportunities, a Mealhero subscription, etc).
- A lot of freedom to take initiative as soon as you see the chance.
- You can do that from our highly energetic HQ in Erpe-Mere, but we are open for remote working on a regular basis.
- A kickass vibe and team that really wants to move forward (we’re not joking).
- There’s great coffee, cookies and fruit, fun friday drinks and legendary team events
Want to know all about our culture? Check out our ‘lifeatmealhero‘ instagram page!